As a response to the US’s killing of Tehran’s top general, Qassem Suleimani, Iran has launched ballistic missiles at US bases.
Two bases have been hit, and many fear that the escalation between the two countries could start a war.
Trump doesn’t appear to have announced his next moves or whether he plans to de-escalate the situation.
He did, however, send out a tweet. “All is well!” he began, before announcing that missiles had been launched at two military bases and the assessment of casualties was taking place now.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020
Of course, he didn’t miss an opportunity to brag, adding: “We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far!” and then promising to make a statement tomorrow.
It isn’t clear what the next move is, but Trump’s tweet has been controversial.
One person responded, “do you have any idea just how in over your head you are? no you don’t, and that’s the problem”.
While another said, “Our troops are getting bombed solely because you acted recklessly in order to distract from your rampant criminality, and then rage-tweeted us into an unnecessary conflict. But sure, ‘All is well.’”
He is expected to make his official statement on the next move sometime today.
Only a complete psychopath could declare “all is well” with missiles fired at US troops because YOU aren’t man enough to face your own Impeachment without using our soldiers as distraction bait.
— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) January 8, 2020
Trump said “all is well” then admits he hasn’t finished assessing the damage and casualties.
How can all be well if he doesn’t know the extent of the harm caused by Iran’s missiles?
His mind is gone….
— Eric Applebaum (@applebaum_eric) January 8, 2020